Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Books @ Osterlin
Code of Federal Regulations by
Call Number: AE 2.106/3:
IMDG Code : International maritime dangerous goods code by
Call Number: REF K4178 .D3 A34 2010
Publication Date: 2010
International code for fire safety systems (FSS code) : Resolution MSC.98(73) by
Call Number: REF K4180 .F57 A3 2015
Publication Date: 2015
International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (1974) by
Call Number: REF K4163.32 .A2 2014
Publication Date: 2014
SOLAS, consolidated edition, 2014 : consolidated text of the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974, and its Protocol of 1988 : articles, annexes and certificates.
International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (1973). Protocols, etc., 1978 Feb. 17 by
Call Number: REF K3588.32 .A3 M37 2002
MARPOL 73/78 : articles, protocols, annexes, unified interpretations of the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships, 1973, as modified by the protocol of 1978 relating thereto.
Life-Saving Appliances by
Call Number: REF VK1463 .L54 2010
Publication Date: 2010
Maritime Safety: The Human Factors by
Call Number: VK200 .T73 2009
Publication Date: 2009
International Maritime Organization - United Nations (IMO)
This website has a wealth of information, but you must first register and create a free log in. Included in this website are IMO Documents, the Global Integrated Shipping Information System, news and much more.
- Marine Safety: Includes links to many standards and regulations
- Maritime Security:
- Marine Environment: including topics like pollution prevention, pollution response, ballast water management, etc.
- Legal Affairs: regulations covering liability and compensation for damage, such as pollution, caused by ships.
- Human Element: Focuses on the human side of shipping - the people involved in every aspect of ship safety and prevention of marine pollution, from seafarers to ship operators to port state control officers.
- Facilitation: Information relating to IMO's work at the ship-port interface, including standardisation and harmonisation of procedures as well as security issues.
- Technical Cooperation: Information on IMO's Technical Co-operation Programme which is designed to assist Governments which lack the technical knowledge and resources that are needed to operate a shipping industry successfully.
UN Convention on the Law of the Sea
International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea
International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS)
Admiralty and Maritime Law Guide: includes over 1,500 annotated links to admiralty law resources on the Internet and a growing database of admiralty case digests, opinions and international maritime conventions.
Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
Code of Federal Regulations
Title 29 is OSHA
Title 33 is Navigation and Navigable Waters
Title 40 is EPA
Title 46 is Shipping